Subject: Re: [regrep] REG REP is what class of Software ?

cmattocks@metlife.com wrote:

> For the Ontology of IT Service Management I need to declare what type
> of software an ebXMLRegistry *is*.
>
> Since the TC are the experts - please agree or disagree that the
> following class (> subclass) structure is correct :
>
> >IThing
> >>Software

Would it be possible to change Application => Service?

Something line....

 >IThing
 >>Software
 >>>OperatingSystem
 >>>Service

The rationale is that ebXML Registry (and Repositroy) is a service not
an application.

In my understanding...

Applications typically are clients of services and are directly used by
end users.
Service typically typically require an application client to be accessed
by end users but may be directly consumed by other services.

Thanks.

begin:vcard
fn:Farrukh Najmi
n:Najmi;Farrukh