Subject: RE: RELAX NG schema for XML Schema

I want to publicly congratulate Jeni Tennison for creating this important
RELAX NG for XML Schema. I have been successfully validating XSD schema
documents against xmlschema.rng with Jing! I imagine it will undergo some
refinements before we reach 1.0 with RELAX NG, but as it stands, it is a
very interesting piece of work -- all 31 pages of it. Thanks much.

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeni Tennison [mailto:mail@jenitennison.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 5:50 AM
To: relax-ng-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RELAX NG schema for XML Schema

Hi,

In case you're interested, I've completed a RELAX NG schema for XML
Schema, and put it up at:

   http://www.jenitennison.com/schema/xmlschema.rng

I think that the XML Schema vocabulary is quite a neat showcase for
RELAX NG because there are so many co-dependencies between attributes
and between attributes and elements. This RELAX NG schema follows the
XML Schema for XML Schema to a certain extent (using the same kind of
naming scheme) to facilitate comparison between the two. I have also
added comments about the ease with which the two handle different
aspects of the vocabulary.  I've tested it with Jing against various
XML Schemas, and it seems to be working, though obviously if anyone
spots any bugs please get in touch.

Cheers,

Jeni
---