Subject: Re: Alternative approach for key/keyref

James Clark wrote:

>It's certainly much weaker and in my view much more ad-hoc.

I think yours is already very weak and ad-hoc.  Rather than pretending
to have a generalized solution, I think that we should honestly admit
that our mechanism in RELAX NG is very weak and ad-hoc and is only
slightly better than ID/IDREF.

> To make a fair comparison of the relative complexity you need to do a
> formalization using inference rules that prove a keyAmbig() judgement.  If
> you do this, I think you will find your proposal is a little simpler, but a
> not lot.

I will extend my rewrite, but I don't think inference rules are absolutely
required.  7.2 does not have any inference rules and this is just fine.