Subject: RE: [rights] Is this a ContentGuard OASIS IP Disclosure???

Bob, all,

Our IP position is under review and IBM will submit any statements
necessary once we have made a determination.

Pete Schirling

Digital Media Standards
IBM Research Division
Office: +1 802 769 6123/Mobile: +1 802 238 2036/E-Fax: +1 802 769 7362
Mobile text messaging 8022382036@msg.myvzw.com
Internet e-mail: schirlin@us.ibm.com

                      "Glushko, Bob"
                      <Bob.glushko@comme        To:       "'Bob Atkinson'" <bobatk@Exchange.Microsoft.com>, "Glushko, Bob"
                      rceone.com>                <Bob.glushko@commerceone.com>, rights@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                cc:
                      06/11/2002 08:22          Subject:  RE: [rights] Is this a ContentGuard OASIS IP Disclosure???
                      PM

I'm not calling for a discussion for discussion's sake, and I recognize
that Microsoft or some other companies that have a prior relationship with
Content Guard may have difficulty getting in the middle of any conversation
because of NDAs or other constraints.  But I don't think that NOT
discussing this gets us any closer to knowing whether we can reach an
implementable specification.

Can ContentGuard lawyers set before us a definitive detailed declaration
regarding
the license terms on all CG patents relevant to RLTC and other
OASIS TC specs (SAML, XACML, etc)?  I'm not looking for discussion; I'm
looking for some certainty.

And while we're at it... Do Microsoft or IBM or HP or anyone else
represented on this TC have any IP disclosures to make? I'd rather hear
about them now than in two years because they forgot to tell us about them
while we're working on this.

bob