Subject: RE: [rights] Is this a ContentGuard OASIS IP Disclosure???

Title: RE: [rights] Is this a ContentGuard OASIS IP Disclosure???

Bob,

You read things in my statement that I am not saying. This issue is not one of prior relationships at all, but rather one of policy. I would make the same statement were it CommerceOne’s or Real’s or IBM’s or whomever’s patents under discussion.

WRT disclosures: we are all aware of the OASIS IP disclosure policy. Out of respect, it strikes me that we should assume unless evidence arises otherwise that all of us are following it appropriately.

Your search for certainty while understandable is a vain one: there is never certainty when patents are at issue.

                Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Glushko, Bob [mailto:Bob.glushko@commerceone.com]
Sent:
Tuesday, June 11, 2002 5:23 PM
To: Bob Atkinson; Glushko, Bob; rights@lists.oasis-open.org

I'm not calling for a discussion for discussion's sake, and I recognize that Microsoft or some other companies that have a prior relationship with Content Guard may have difficulty getting in the middle of any conversation because of NDAs or other constraints.  But I don't think that NOT discussing this gets us any closer to knowing whether we can reach an implementable specification.

Can ContentGuard lawyers set before us a definitive detailed declaration regarding
the license terms on all CG patents relevant to RLTC and other
OASIS TC specs (SAML, XACML, etc)?  I'm not looking for discussion; I'm looking for some certainty.

And while we're at it... Do Microsoft or IBM or HP or anyone else represented on this TC have any IP disclosures to make? I'd rather hear about them now than in two years because they forgot to tell us about them while we're working on this.

bob