Subject: RE: [rights] Request for Agenda Item on Rights Concall Wed October 2

At 8:31 AM -0700 10/3/02, Bob Atkinson wrote:

"On the one hand, we had spent nearly the entire meeting discussing
the issue before the motion was made; on the other, we had had no
discussion."

Hal's proposal had been public for days, Bob. With regard to the
requirements issue, by comparison, there were procedural
irregularities that clearly represented a deliberate attempt to
remove the issue from voting by those who had opposed the motion.  By
comparison, Hal's proposal has been well-publicized, and there has
been plenty of opportunity for discussion.

It also seems to me that yesterday's meeting was filled with
relatively inconsequential matters in order to put off the vote on
Hal's proposal.

--Mike

"I speak the password primeval .... I give the sign of democracy ...."
            --Walt Whitman
Mike Godwin can be reached by phone at 202-637-9800
His book, CYBER RIGHTS, can be ordered at
	http://www.panix.com/~mnemonic .