saf message

Subject: Re: [saf] SAF Issue #14 - Templated syndromes & protocols

Folks,

First, I would argue against extensions to standard XQuery. However, are we sure there is not a simple way to do this within XQuery? Something like this:

Let
Temp_PARM = 98.6;
in
Signature = /SymptomStore/Symptom[matches(SymptomType,’^health/fever/.*$’) and Content/temperature> Temp_PARM];

Pardon the syntax. The "_PARM" could be suggested as a recommended convention to assist with redeployment, etc.