sca-assembly-testing message

Subject: Re: [sca-assembly-testing] Assembly TestCases Complete and ready for Review

Bryan,

Excellent, this is the kind of review I was hoping for.  Comments inline.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

From: Bryan Aupperle <aupperle@us.ibm.com>
To: sca-assembly-testing@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 12/05/2009 18:38

More Comments (through Section 8)

Testcase 6004: Lists TestComposite16 in document but uses TestComposite18

Fixed
Testcase 6016: Should be listed as a negative test.

Fixed - although this is a marginal case where the exception is actually the expected result
Testcase 6020: Should be listed as a negative test.

Fixed
Testcase 6033: Lists TestComposite44 in document but uses TestComposite41.

Fixed
Testcase 7004: Duplicated

Fixed
Testcase 8006: Lists TestComposite60 and TestComposite61 in document but uses TestComposite54 and TestComposite55. Document indicates Service9 and Service9Callback are used, which do not exist in SVN and are not referenced by other artifacts.

This is a case where the document is correct, but some problems with the SVN repository make it look wrong.
If you check the SVN now, you will find TC60 & TC61 and the Service9 interface (etc) all under ASM_8006 directory
Testcase 8015: Service1.wsdl should be listed.

Fixed - but this will also be true of almost all of the testcases now, as I have completed the change of the top level composites to WSDL interfaces
Testcases with statically detectable errors that need separate contributions:

Oh boy, there are a lot of these!! I've cataloged the artifacts that are in error - there are a few problematic cases
4002
        TestComposite16.composite
4003
        TestComposite19.composite
4004
        TestComposite26.composite
4007
        TestComposite45.composite
4008
        Hmm interesting one - no one artifact is in error - the error happens when one uses another and they don't match. "Statically detectable" only by building the runtime application.
5004        Test_ASM_5004
.composite
5005
        Test_ASM_5005.composite
5006
        Another case of no one artifact being in error, only a runtime combination.
5007
       Test_ASM_5007.composite
5008
        Another case of no one artifact being in error, only a runtime combination.
5009
        Test_ASM_5009.composite
5014
        Another case of no one artifact being in error, only a runtime combination.
5023
        TestComposite11.composite
5024
        Test_ASM_5024.composite
5027
       Test_ASM_5027.composite
5028
        Another case of no one artifact being in error, only a runtime combination.
5029
        Another case of no one artifact being in error, only a runtime combination.
5030
        Test_ASM_5030.composite
6001
        TestDuplicate1.composite / TestDuplicate2.composite
6002
        TestComposite16.composite
6003
        TestComposite17.composite
6005
        TestComposite19.composite
6006
        TestComposite20.composite
6008
        TestComposite22.composite
6012
        TestComposite26.composite
6021
        TestComposite31.composite
6022
        TestComposite32.composite
6023
        Another case of no one artifact being in error, only a runtime combination.
6025
        Test_ASM_6025.composite
6028
        Test_ASM_6028.composite
6029
        Test_ASM_6029.composite
6031
        TestComposite39.composite
6032
        TestComposite40.composite
6033
        TestComposite41.composite
7001
        Test_ASM_7001.composite
7002
        Test_ASM_7002.composite - although requires a reconciliation of the composite with the constraining type to catch the error
7003
        Test_ASM_7003.composite - although requires a reconciliation of the composite with the constraining type to catch the error
7007
        Test_ASM_7007.composite
7008
        Test_ASM_7008.composite
7009
        Test_ASM_7009.composite

Testcases that need separate contributions if interface compatibility can be checked statically:

Now that is an interesting question worth debating before I hive all these off into
separate contributions.
5010

8006

8007

8008

8010

8011

Test cases that need separate contributions if introspections can be done when a contribution is loaded:

Same question as above
8009

8012

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

05/12/2009 10:57 AM

sca-assembly-testing@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-assembly-testing] Assembly TestCases Complete and ready for Review

Bryan,

First, many thanks for reviewing the materials - the more eyes, the better.  I know there are "bugs" of various kinds in there - I keep discovering them myself as I work on eliminating the
places where Tuscany does not yet conform to the OASIS specs.

1) Artifacts containing statically detectable errors

Yes, these will eventually need to be separated out into contributions of their own.

My reason for not doing this so far is that Tuscany does not stop the testcases running - it just prints warning

messages about the static errors that it finds.  I am changing the code in this area and this will force me to

hive off the "bad artifacts" into testcase-specific contributions.

2) Testcase 5031

You just reported your first bug against the testcases document  ;-)

The document is wrong - it is a positive testcase with valid output.  I've changed the testcases doc.