Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] CD 01 revision 1 available and status of issueresolutions

Martin Chapman wrote:
> I just went through the JIRA logs and the email archive for minutes and here's what I
> found.
>

>> 14: done only as it applies to the component property. The resolution
>> was only for component property, but this should apply to composite
>> property, component type property (what about
>> constrainingType property?)
>

>> 17: JIRA not updated with the resolution, so don't know what to apply
>
> Resolution to 17 is recorded in the minutes of 19th February. Jira needs to be
> updated.
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/email/archives/200802/msg000
> 93.html

Thanks. I'll get this resolution in rev 2 of CD 01.

>> 18: depends on 12, 12 is closed but don't see it being
>> applied. Also the
>> problem as stated in 18 doesn't exist.
>
> Issue 18 was resolved on the 5th Feb 08 call.
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/email/archives/200802/msg000
> 46.html

Thanks.

> Has this reolution been folded in, thus making it look like the problem didn't exist?

No. Resolutions of both 12 and 18 have not been folded in.
18 resolves a problem (the presence of 'promote' attribute in component
ref/service) that does not exists as the spec stands. But implementing
resolution of 18 does not lead to any contradiction and IMHO resolution
of 18 does make our schema look much better.
Unless there is an objection I'll implement resolutions of both 12 and
18 as they are recorded.

> As for 12, the JIRA change history has Scott recording it as resolved and closed on
> the same day, and the minutes record the approved motion to "Close and Resolve...."
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/26042/SCA%20Ass
> embly%20minutes%202007-11-06.html#d1e445
>
> I believe this was before we became more precise in the usage of the terms resolve and
> close, and thus I believe closing it is a mistake. Therefore it suggest we correct it
> back to resolved and let the editors apply the change.

Thanks to the chairs for updating the JIRA.

>> 22: is this a dup of 35? 35 is closed by does not have the
>> resolution in
>> JIRA.
>
> 35 was resolved on the 8th Jan 08 call:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/email/archives/200801/msg000
> 18.html
> Jira should be updated with this link to recored the decision.

OK, but 22 and 35 are the same issue with different resolution. Which
one should I apply? Note that both contain 2119 keywords.