Subject: Draft Minutes from 2008-08-19 are attached

Scribe
Bob Freund
Agenda:
1. Opening
Introductions
Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing
2. Approval of minutes of SCA-Assembly TC meeting of 5th August and 12th August
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/29092/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202008-08-05.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/29091/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202008-08-12.html
3. Action Items:
2008-04-28-1 status=pending Editors to address the editorial comments contained in Combellack's comments at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200804/msg00089.html
2008-06-03-3 status=pending Simon Nash and Anish Karmarkar to develop a more concrete proposal for Issue 37 along the lines of the F2F discussion so that profitable discussion may continue this meeting.
2008-06-03-4 status=pending Chapman to propose some non-normative clarification test to resolve Issue-26 due=2008-12-24
2008-06-03-6 status=pending Test sub cttee produce test assertions and test artifacts and test harness
2008-07-22-3 status=pending Karmarkar to send an E-mail with details of use case (re Issue 8 resolution)
2008-07-22-4 status=done Booz to rewrite 11.2.1 to consider Simon N's use case (re Issue 8 resolution)
2008-08-05-1 status=done Owner=MikeE due=2008-08-12 Mike E to open discussion of ASSEMBLY-41 on E-mail list
2008-08-05-2 status=pending Mike Edwards: Material for Issue Assembly-16 to be worked into a full formal resolution.
2008-08-12-1 status=pending Chairs to coordinate milestones with Liaison committee
2008-08-12-2 status=pending Simon Nash to prepare a list of locations in the Assembly spec where psuedo-schemas are described as "snippets" or "schemas"
4. New Issues
None
5. Existing Issues
ASSEMBLY-41 Conflicting domain-level deployments
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-41
Proposed resolution to the Issue:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00019.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00020.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00021.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00022.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00023.html
ASSEMBLY-8 SCDL artifact resolution underspecified
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-8
Latest proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00027.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00031.html
ASSEMBLY-37 Need to clarify contents of an SCA Domain virtual composite
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-37
Waiting for a write-up based on discussions at the F2F meeting
ASSEMBLY-16 Component URI is not well described
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-16
Proposal requires write-up of 2 separate action items from the F2F
1) http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200807/msg00020.html
ASSEMBLY-33 Long-Running Request-Response Operations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-33
6. AOB
Next meeting is on August 25th

Contents

Topics
[1]  Opening
[2]  Action Items
[3]  New Issues
[4]  Existing Issues
[5]  ASSEMBLY-41 Conflicting domain-level deployments http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-41
[6]  ASSEMBLY-8 SCDL artifact resolution underspecified http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-8
[7]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

Old:
2008-04-28-1: id=2008-04-28-1 status=pending Editors to address the editorial comments contained in Combellack's comments at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200804/msg00089.html
2008-06-03-3: id=2008-06-03-3 status=pending Simon Nash and Anish Karmarkar to develop a more concrete proposal for Issue 37 along the lines of the F2F discussion so that profitable discussion may continue this meeting.
2008-06-03-6: id=2008-06-03-6 status=pending Test sub cttee produce test assertions and test artifacts and test harness
2008-07-22-3: id=2008-07-22-3 status=pending Karmarkar to send an E-mail with details of use case (re Issue 8 resolution)
2008-07-22-4: id=2008-07-22-4 status=done Booz to rewrite 11.2.1 to consider Simon N's use case (re Issue 8 resolution)
2008-08-05-1: id=2008-08-05-1 status=done Owner=MikeE due=2008-08-12 Mike E to open discussion of ASSEMBLY-41 on E-mail list
2008-08-05-2: id=2008-08-05-2 status=pending Mike Edwards: Material for Issue Assembly-16 to be worked into a full formal resolution.
2008-08-12-1: id=2008-08-12-1 status=pending Chairs to coordinate milestones with Liaison committee
2008-08-12-2: id=2008-08-12-2 status=pending Simon Nash to prepare a list of locations in the Assembly spec where psuedo-schemas are described as "snippets" or "schemas"
New:

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Opening

Roll - quorate with 13 of 25 voting members present

Agenda - agreed
Resolution: minutes of 2008-08-05 approved w/o
Resolution: minutes of 2008-08-12 approved w/o

Action Items

Action: id=2008-04-28-1 status=pending Editors to address the editorial comments contained in Combellack's comments at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200804/msg00089.html
Action: id=2008-06-03-3 status=pending Simon Nash and Anish Karmarkar to develop a more concrete proposal for Issue 37 along the lines of the F2F discussion so that profitable discussion may continue this meeting.

action id=2008-06-03-4 status=pending Chapman to propose some non-normative clarification test to resolve Issue-26 due=2008-12-24
Action: id=2008-06-03-6 status=pending Test sub cttee produce test assertions and test artifacts and test harness
Action: id=2008-07-22-3 status=pending Karmarkar to send an E-mail with details of use case (re Issue 8 resolution)
Action: id=2008-07-22-4 status=done Booz to rewrite 11.2.1 to consider Simon N's use case (re Issue 8 resolution)
Action: id=2008-08-05-1 status=done Owner=MikeE due=2008-08-12 Mike E to open discussion of ASSEMBLY-41 on E-mail list
Action: id=2008-08-05-2 status=pending Mike Edwards: Material for Issue Assembly-16 to be worked into a full formal resolution.
Action: id=2008-08-12-1 status=pending Chairs to coordinate milestones with Liaison committee
Action: id=2008-08-12-2 status=pending Simon Nash to prepare a list of locations in the Assembly spec where psuedo-schemas are described as "snippets" or "schemas"

New Issues

HUZZAH! - none -

Existing Issues

ASSEMBLY-41 Conflicting domain-level deployments http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-41

proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200808/msg00019.html see further discussion in the agenda above

Edwards discusses his rather lengthy proposal
<anish>
in a previous discussion we had talked about having a 'name' attribute for the <wire> element. This is wrt the identity issue
<Sanjay>
autowires are adding a ton of a complexity to the specs
<Martin C>
we also dont need targets AND wires
<Sanjay>
and it is hard for me to imagine a production environment that would use autowires
<Jim Marino>
Sanjay, we are using autowire in production :)
<anish>
one issue at the domain level is how do i wire a component A to component B when they are in different contributions without the <wire> element
<Sanjay>
oops..sorry Jim I had forgotten that entire email discussion I had.
<anish>
that was a Q for Dave. I agree that there are some problems with <wire> element wrt deployment
<Dave Booz>
Sanjay, I think we will find that some form of controls will be needed to use autowires in production
<Dave Booz>
anish, you use the target attribute on comnponent A's reference...the domain is a composite like any other
<anish>
dave, that was what i was thinking, till i realized that it requires you to know the name of the component that you are wiring to beforehand
<Sanjay>
Dave, I agree. The quesion is - do we want to make the autowire feature as optional? or do we want to standardize on the controls for carefully using it?
<Dave Booz>
anish, i dont see a problem with that
<Jim Marino>
Sanjay, autowire is off by default IIRC
<Dale Moberg>
+1
<Dave Booz>
Sanjay, i'd have to check the spec...i thought it was already optional..i.e, you have to turn it on to get it in the Domain
<Dave Booz>
ok, Jim confirmed
<Sanjay>
Would implementations be required to support turning the autowire feature on/off?
<Jim Marino>
I believe so although I would need to look at the wording of the spec
<Jim Marino>
there may be weasel wording to not force support
<Sanjay>
so the optionality is for the users (customers) and not for the implementors (vendors)
<Jim Marino>
I believe so although I would need to check the wording
<Martin C>
that would depend on rfc2119 re-wording
<anish>
dave, the usecase I was thinking of was when the component that contains the service is deployed *after* the component containing the reference was deployed
<Sanjay>
The only autowire feature we would like to support is - 'turning it off' :-)
<Jim Marino>
Sanjay, that would mean you would have to support it as on by default ;)
<Sanjay>
LOL

ASSEMBLY-8 SCDL artifact resolution underspecified http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-8

proposals are listed in agenda above

Booz discussed his proposal, although he states that he does not believe that it is a final proposal

Issues surrounding circularity and split namespaces dominated the discussion
Edwards:
Please continue the discussion on the email list.

AOB

straggler roll
<Mike Edwards>
really good discussion on Issue 8 - this namespace stuff is tricky

Adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-08-20 at 07:50:47 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

statistics: Schreiber found 131 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 198: bob: i/previous discussion/bob: Edwards discusses his rather lengthy proposal

command-scribe: Line 6: Bob Freund recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 14: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 15: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 17: Check for possible unrecognized nick '3. Action Items'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 39: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 42: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 44: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Discussion'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 45: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 46: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 47: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 48: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 51: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 53: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Latest proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 59: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 64: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 67: Check for possible unrecognized nick '1) http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 70: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

edit-insert: i/ command line 138.1 inserted before source line

edit-delete: Line 198 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 8.9

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]