Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 8 - Artifact resolution - proposal V4

1) @location is only needed when there is more than one matching export in the Domain which provides the same artifact (e.g. QName).

2) Those mechanisms are covered earlier in the document, and pre-exist this proposal. They'd be used before the SCA import/export mechanism would as stated in the spec. I think Mike E said this on the last telecon, just wanted to make sure.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
Inactive hide details for Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

          Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

          09/16/2008 10:26 AM

David Booz/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS

cc

sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 8 - Artifact resolution - proposal V4

Two questions:

1) Pseudo schema for import is as follows:
<import namespace="xs:String" location=”xs:AnyURI”?/>*
Why is location optional?

2) Section 11.2.1 says:
"1. from the contribution’s direct dependencies by resolving its sca
import statements. Dependencies MUST NOT be searched recursively in
order to locate artifacts.
2. from the contents of the contribution itself."

How do things like schemaLocation/wsdlLoction fit here? Is that
considered to be part of bullet 2?