Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Issue 123

Folks,

I take this discussion to mean that my original proposal to use ##any with mixed='true' is the right one.

Anish points out that this does mean that the schema is more permissive than we want,
but this is the case all over our specifications - that's what the additional normative
statements are about.  We can't expect XSD to provide everything we need.

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
To: OASIS Assembly <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 30/03/2009 22:29

If the type is xsd:string with mixed='true' then the following will not
be valid:

<value>
  <someValue>
    <someSubelement>...</someSubelement>
  </someValue>
</value>

The <value> element is meant to allow "inlining" of simple type values
as well as elements whose type is complex. A true 'mixed' type isn't
what we want to allow but instead allow either inlined text (such as a
string, int etc) or element(s) but not both. I.e. the following won't be
allowed (by SCA not by schema):

<value>
  This is some value <ele>another value</ele>
</value>

I know the current schema allows this, but I don't of a way to design
the schema to prevent it.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/