Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [SCA EVENTS] Summary of tentative agreements

Martin,

I was afraid that I mis-heard Peter's question to me, and it looks
like I did.  I'm not in agreement with number 4, and I think I can
safely say I speak for TIBCO on this.

In my view, the constraints on "wiring" and interface compatability
should be contingent upon the character of the interface.  For
example, an interface entirely full of one-way operations (I'll call
them events) does not require a producer of those events to produce
any or all of them; it merely guarantees that no *other* events will
be produced by that producer.

Our current wiring and interface compatibility rules simply make the
assumption that every interface has at least one request-reply
operation.

Scott