Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] REOPEN ISSUES 132 and 149: Update to Sanjay'sProposal

Mike,

As mentioned on today’s call, we’ll need to ask the assistance of Mary and perhaps other members of the OASIS staff about this topic, but I do not see how these templates would need to be elevated to formal OASIS Specification status because unlike the SCA Assembly Model specification, which truly is an OASIS spec as it contains “specification” language, these proposed documents contain requirements language (in the form of templates) that are intended to assist the user community with verifying an SCA Runtime’s conformance with a SCA Assembly Model specification.

Looking over the various OASIS document templates (http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/), I do not see on in place for such a technical work product.

Raising these documents to full Specification level will most certainly impede our progress on ratifying the SCA Assembly Model v1.1 spec and I hope that is not the case, but we certainly need to find out sooner rather than later.

Would you like me to reach out to Mary and the OASIS staff about this or would you and/or Martin as TC co-chairs prefer to initiative the question?  Just let me know.

Cheers…

 - Jeff E.

From: Mike Edwards [mailto:mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 11:25 PM
To: OASIS Assembly

Folks,

Since some comments on this thread indicated that some people did not see that there were a pair of
documents attached to the original email that started the thread, I have assumed that there have been
some transmission problems and I have posted copies of the documents into the OASIS web site.

They can be accessed here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/37466/sca-assembly-1.1-impl-type-documentation-wd02.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/37467/sca-assembly-1.1-testsuite-adaptation-wd02.odt