Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] REOPEN ISSUES 132 and 149: Update to Sanjay's Proposal

Jeff,

For documents to have standing in OASIS, the only option is effectively to make them into specifications.
The documents relating to the test suite and to the test assertions are done in this way - and as you will
have seen, those documents go through the full review cycle of a specification as required by OASIS
rules.

For these two new documents, I can see two possible alternative routes to proceeding:

a) Have them as separate standalone documents, each created and managed as a specification.

b) Have the material of the two documents added as appendixes to some other existing specification
documents.  For these two documents, the implementation type material could be added to the
Assembly specification document and the testsuite adaptation document could be added to the
Assembly test suite specification document.

Other folk may have some alternatives that I've not thought of.

I note that option b) would certainly require a public review of the updated specification documents.
Option a) requires a full public review of the 2 documents.