Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA Assembly TC- Proposal

On 2/18/2011 3:19 AM, Mike Edwards wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I propose the following as the Exit Criteria to be adopted by the SCA
> Assembly TC:
>
> "The Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA Assembly V1.1 specification are
> that:
>
> o there shall be 2 independent SCA runtimes that are compliant with all
> normative portions of the
> specification as described in Section 12.2 of the SCA Assembly V1.1
> specification

Would like to clarify that you really meant 'normative portions'. To me,
normative portions include both mandatory and optional parts.

> o the 2 independent runtimes shall pass the Test Suite for SCA Assembly
> as described in the document
> 'TestCases for the SCA Assembly Model Version 1.1 Specification' "
>

> I believe that this is sufficient to cover:
> - the question of conformance to the spec
> - the issues of portability and interoperability
>
> since the test suite is a pretty thorough examination of conformance to
> the spec (there are testcases for
> all normative statements with testable & observable consequences) and
> the test suite is also a test of portability,
> since the test suite has an extensive set of artifacts that are ported
> to each runtime and interoperability is
> checked through the use of Web services being used between the SCA
> runtime and a non-SCA (JAXWS) client.

The test suite is a thorough examination of conformance to the spec, but
the testcases do not test any of the optional bits, regardless of
whether they are testable or not.