Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 25: Does binding.ws imply SOAP

Here are my preferences:

 > 1) Does every conformant implementation have to support the bare
 > <binding.ws/> element?

No.
I don't think we should focus on syntax here wrt conformance. The
question is does every conformant implementation have to support WSDL
SOAP/HTT binding(s)? Assuming that the default is SOAP/HTTP.

 > 2) Do we want to change the description of the bare <binding.ws/>
 > element so that it does not always provide SOAP?

No.
I like the SOAP/HTTP default. That is the most common case.

 > 3) Does every conformant implementation have to support referencing
 > existing WSDL documents?

Yes. This is after all binding.ws. A conformant implementation better
understand WSDL and support using it.

 > 4) Is a conformant implementation limited to exposing access to a
 > service only in the manner described by that service's bindings?

As far as SCA is concerned yes. But what vendors, deployers,
implementers do outside of SCA, we should not say.