OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-bpel message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw chat log of 2008-09-11 telcon


anonymous morphed into anish

Room information was updated by: anish







Meeting ID: 877770

Meeting password: SCABPEL (7222735)

anonymous1 morphed into Najeeb Andrabi

anonymous morphed into Danny van der Rijn

Michael Rowley: is scribing

Michael Rowley: Danny suggested by email that no vote be taken today on issue 18, since an email proposal for it was only sent out 15 minutes before the meeting.

Michael Rowley: General agreement

Michael Rowley: Approval the minutes for 2008-09-04 without objection.

Michael Rowley: AI 21 is reassigned to Martin.

Michael Rowley: Topic: AI 42 (Editors to incorporate issue resolutions)

Michael Rowley: Martin has completed his part of this AI.  There may be more resolutions to apply.

Michael Rowley: AI 45 is done (proposal for issue 1

Michael Rowley: Topic: Update from Editors

Michael Rowley: AI: Rowley will update the JIRA revision log at the end of the spec.

Michael Rowley: s/JIRA/JIRA, based on/

Martin C: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15

Michael Rowley: Martin moves, rowley seconds issue 15 should be closed (no changes required on the spec).

Michael Rowley: Passed without objection.

Michael Rowley: AI 42 is done (resolutions have been applied)

Michael Rowley: AI 45 is _not_ yet done, since specific proposed changes to the spec haven't been made.

anish: liaison committee recommendation: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200808/msg00009.html

Sanjay: The following proposal for milestones and schedule is applicable SCA related TCs only.


Proposed list of milestones:

- Incorporate RFC 2119 language for specifications

- No new issue deadline

- All issues resolved

- All issues incorporated

  <Criteria for starting the 1st PR - a> close all the open issues (unresolved issues may be closed by deferring to future release) and b> include conformance statement (required by OASIS TC process anyways)>


- 1st public review

- Testing completion

- New issues from PR and testing resolution

- New issues incorporated

- 2nd public review

  <Possibly another round of updates to specs and PR>

- Approval of Committee spec

- Submission for OASIS standard


Proposed Schedule for key milestones:

Sep 15, 2008 - Raise the bar for opening new issues (for all TCs)

Sep 29, 2008 - Incorporate RFC 2119 language

Nov 15, 2008 - Detailed design for testing work

Jan 23, 2009 - Assembly TC to start 1st Public Review (60 day)

Feb 23, 2009 - Other TCs to start 1st Public Review (60 day)

May 31, 2009 - Finish all the work

July 4, 2008 - Submit specs to OASIS for OS vote


Each TC may choose to adjust the proposed schedule as per its needs, however it is highly recommended that all the TCs meet the proposed deadline for starting the first Public Review (Jan 23rd, 2009 for the Assembly TC, and Feb 23rd 2009 for the rest of the TCs).

Michael Rowley: The last date should be in 2009.

Michael Rowley: Discussion of how dependencies are handled.

Michael Rowley: Dependencies should be handled well in advance of these dates.

Michael Rowley: At this point we need to provide feedback on whether these dates will work for us (assuming no new work pushed on us from other TCs).

Michael Rowley: Dieter - how can we resolve all our issues (a date not mentioned) if assembly TC hasn't yet resolved all its issues?  Our TC is sometimes effected by changes to assembly.

Michael Rowley: Anish - the assembly TC will have to close their issues before their public review, which is before our public review.

Michael Rowley: Sanjay - thinks the schedule looks good, but the details w.r.t. testing need to be worked out by assembly before we can finish our testing design.

Michael Rowley: sanjay offers to take an AI for asking the liason TC for more details about the testing plan.

Michael Rowley: Sanjay moves, Rowley seconds, approving the proposal from the liason committee for a schedule and milestones.

Michael Rowley: Passed, no objections.

Michael Rowley: Topic: Issue 18

Michael Rowley: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/email/archives/200809/msg00004.html

Michael Rowley: Further discussion of this approach will take place next week.

Michael Rowley: Meeting adjourned.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]