Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] Getting ready for PRD

Title: Re: [sca-bpel] Getting ready for PRD
While I agree with Martin's line of reasoning, I agree with Anish's line of pragmatism.  We could get ourselves into more process issues by discussing whether a PR comment is new or not [and vote on it??  By what margin :-) ]

I'm actually not too worried about this - more just wanted to be clear.  I predict that we won't have much discussion of what's old and what's new, what's worth opening, and what's not.  Just extrapolating on the differences between the BPEL committee and this, um, SBPEL, committee.

Anish Karmarkar wrote:
49ACCB53.10607@oracle.com" type="cite">

I would agree that we should have a higher bar for reopening an old
issue, but not for opening a new issue. The problem I see in
implementing this is that it requires the TC to decide whether an issue
is the same as the one that is already closed. This isn't always
black/white. This means majority can "reopen" an old issue by filing a
new issue and claim that it is different (ever so slightly from the old
one).

For simplicity, it seems to me that we should just scrap the 2/3rd rule
once we go PR. I would hope that the majority would need lot of
additional new convincing information to reopen an issue.

Comments?

-Anish