OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-j message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes

Mark Combellack: Agenda:
- Roll Call
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)

1. Cancelling upcoming SCA-J Conference Calls.

Discuss cancelling the following Conference calls:
August 25th Bank Holiday in UK
September 1st Labor day in US
December 22nd Monday before Christmas
December 29th Monday after Christmas


2. Leaves of Absence:

Anish Karmarkar will be on LOA from August 25 to Sept 5 inclusive.
Mark Combellack will be on LOA from September 22 to October 6 inclusive.

3. Review action items:

2008-07-15-2: Vladimir to produce a proposal for JAVA-2
2008-07-15-4: Chairs to produce schedule for spec completion with help from Anish
2008-07-15-9: MikeE to produce worked example of his proposal for JAVA-1, and to show the invocation model
2008-07-24-2: Simon to revise proposal for issue 49 based on today's discussion
2008-07-15-x: Editors to prepare CD draft by July 31 for review by TC
2008-08-04-1: Simon to create calendar entry for SCA-JEE Sub Committee meetings
2008-08-04-2: Mark to send email regarding forming a testing Sub Committee

4. Update from JEE Sub Committee Chair (Time boxed to maximum of 10 minutes)

5. Accepting new issues:

JAVA-56: When more than one interface with the same unqualified name used in the @Service annotation

6. Open issues discussion:

JAVA-25: Callback Simplification

Simon to continue presenting his proposal from the last meeting.
Jim Marino was in the queue from the last meeting
Meeraj Kunnumpurath was also in the queue from the last meeting

Original "hallucination" email proposal by Simon (non-conversational
Rewritten version of this proposal:
Jim's response to the proposal:

Subsequent "brainstorm" proposal by Simon (conversational case):
Comments from a users perspective (from Meeraj Kunnumpurath) http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200807/msg00079.html
Latest email on this thread is at
Jim's initial comments:
Jim's latest email:

JAVA-30: "Process" Scope
Proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200807/msg00068.html

JAVA-47: Missing description of what the @EagerInit annotation does
Proposal in JIRA

JAVA-1: Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code

Ron Barack Proposal
Mike Edwards Proposal
Michael Rowley proposal

7. AOB

Straggler role call

8. Adjourn

Rotating scribe list:

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (0)
Meeraj Kunnumpurath Individual (0)
Peter Walker Sun Microsystems (1)
Roberto Chinnici Sun Microsystems (2)
Peter Peshev SAP AG (2)
Ron Barack SAP AG (3)
Michael Beisiegel IBM (3)
Vamsavardhana Chillakuru IBM (1)
David Booz IBM (4)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (4)
Mike Edwards IBM (3)
Sanjay Patil SAP AG (3)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (3)
Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (3)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (3)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (3)
Vladimir Savchenko SAP AG (1)
Jim Marino Individual (4)
Jim Marino: Hi Mark, could you paste the dial ins and conf id for the US and UK?
Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
Vamsi: UNITED KINGDOM      BIRMINGHAM:    44-121-210-9021          0808-238-6025 
UNITED KINGDOM      GLASGOW:       44-141-202-3221          0808-238-6025 
UNITED KINGDOM      LEEDS:         44-113-301-2121          0808-238-6025 
UNITED KINGDOM      LONDON:        44-20-7075-3246          0808-238-6025 
UNITED KINGDOM      MANCHESTER:    44-161-601-1421          0808-238-6025
anonymous morphed into meeraj
Vamsi: USA                                1-203-418-3122           866-692-3163
Jim Marino: thx
Press *6 to mute or un-mute individual line.
meeraj morphed into Meeraj Kunnumpurath
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Agenda bashing
Vamsi: is the new issue
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Vamsi wants to add a new issue to the agenda
anonymous morphed into anish
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Editorial issue
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Simon Nash wants to add a new issue to the agenda as well
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Agenda passes with two modifications
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Minutes passed unanimously
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Simon is going to resign from the TC chair, after the Sep 8th call
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mike Edwards make a motion for the election for Simon's successor
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Simon seconds
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Motion passed unanimously
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mark will send an email to the list requesting nomination
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Cancelling upcoming sca-j calls
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: two meetings Aug 25, Sep 1st clash with bank holidays
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mark proposes cancelling the meetings
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Also Dec 22 and Dec 29 as well
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mike makes a motion to cancel the aforementioned meetings
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Bryan seconds
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Motion passed unanimously
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: next meeting in three week's time
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: next meeting in three week's time
Ashok: Please add me to the roll
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Ashok added to the roll
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mark is on leave till Sep 22nd till Oct 2nd
Plamen: Please add me the roll as well
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: from Sep 22nd
anish land-o-no-sleep
Dave Booz congrats Mark
Mike Edwards: ah - long since I was there 
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Review of the action items
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Vladimir's action on proposal for Java 2 -> no response
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: On going discussion on binding TC about a data binding element
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: ongoing
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mike E to create an example for invocation model, ongoing
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: SImon's work on 49 ongoing
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Simon to create calendar dates for sub-committee meetings
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: done
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mark to send an email on testing sub-committee
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: done
anish should we talk about holding a vote on CD01?
anish perhaps a web ballot, since we won't have a call for a while
Vamsi: AI: Editors to prepare CD draft by July 31 for review by TC - done http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200808/msg00069.html
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Can't hear Plamen
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Can't hear Plamen
anish mostly administrivia
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: java 56
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: opened by Vasmsi
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: When more than one interface with the same unqualified name used in the @Service annotation
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: More than one interface with the same unqualified name (belonging to different packages)
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Is this an error?
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Vamsi makes a motion to open this issue
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Simon seconds
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Motion passes unanimously
Mike Edwards: Link to email please
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: new issue, inconsistent use of 'a' and 'an' referring to annotations in the spec
Mark Combellack: Anish - will cover CD vote next
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: raised by Vamsi
anish thx mark
anish wonders what JSR 250 does
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: three proposals in the message
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Simon wants to propose a fourth option
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Bryan would like this to be an action item on the editors
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Anish wants to refer to JSR 250 and check what they do
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Simon would like to know the style used in JSR 250
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: JSR 250 uses 'a'
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: same is true for JSR 181
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: SImon suggests using option 2
Dave Booz: jsr181 uses both 'a' and 'the'
anish arg, @interface is never present in an english sentence 
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Action against the editors to check against other spec (JSR 250, 181 etc)
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Anish vote on the next CD
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Anish suggests a web ballot, in view of the forthcoming meetins being cancelled
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: SImon suggests opening a web ballot next Monday
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: and finish the following Monday, this week the CD will be available for review and comment
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: SImon motions the above, web ballot beiginning Monday 25th Aug, finishing 1st of Sep
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mile E secondsa
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: seconds
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: motions passes unanimously
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: motion
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Open issues discussion
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Callback simplification
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: thanks
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: five mins
Mike Edwards: time folks
anish hard to hear u Jim
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Composite scope will have concurrency issues
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Michael Beisigel, Plamen on the roll
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: in three weeks, Sep 8th
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mark do I send the log to the list?
Meeraj Kunnumpurath: Mark,

This email is issued by a VocaLink group company. It is confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator immediately by return message and destroy the original message. The contents of this email will have no contractual effect unless it is otherwise agreed between a specific VocaLink group company and the recipient.

The VocaLink group companies include, among others: VocaLink Limited (Company No 06119048, VAT No. 907 9619 87) which is registered in England and Wales at registered office Drake House, Homestead Road, Rickmansworth, WD3 1FX. United Kingdom, Voca Limited (Company no 1023742, VAT No. 907 9619 87) which is registered in England and Wales at registered office Drake House, Three Rivers Court, Homestead Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire. WD3 1FX. United Kingdom, LINK Interchange Network Limited (Company No 3565766, VAT No. 907 9619 87) which is registered in England and Wales at registered office Arundel House, 1 Liverpool Gardens, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1SL and VocaLink Holdings Limited (Company No 06119036, VAT No. 907 9619 87) which is registered in England and Wales at registered office Drake House, Homestead Road, Rickmansworth, WD3 1FX. United Kingdom.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect those of any member of the VocaLink group. This message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the VocaLink group network; however, VocaLink does not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third party. The VocaLink group may monitor emails sent to and from the VocaLink group network.

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.

GIF image

GIF image

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]