Subject: Raw text from Policy TC chat room

Mike Edwards: 1. Roll call

2. Appointment of minute taker  Mike Edwards

3. Agenda bashing

4. Vote to accept minutes from previous meeting
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200711/msg00008.html

5. Promote Framework draft to CD status?
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25995/sca-policy-1.1-spec-wd-03.doc

6. NEW ISSUES
a. Conformance targets
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-35

7. ISSUES
a. WS-I compliance versus QoS policy
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200710/msg00042.html
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-9
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200711/msg00006.html
b. Annotations for policy intents
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200710/msg00045.html
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-12
c. Binding hierarchies need to be considered in policyReference matching
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200710/msg00047.html
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-14
d. External mechanism for attaching intents or policySets
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200710/msg00048.html
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-15

8. AOB

9. Any additions to the roll?

Mike Edwards: 15/24 voting members - Quorate
Mike Edwards: yup
Mike Edwards: Question - OK for a call next Monday?
Mike Edwards: No objections
anonymous morphed into Dale Moberg
Mike Edwards: Item 4 - Mnutes from 5th Novembers
Mike Edwards: Motion to accept minutes
Mike Edwards: Proposed by Michael Rowley seconded Eric Wells
Mike Edwards: Accepted unanimously
Mike Edwards: Item 5 Promote Policy Framework to Committee Draft status
Mike Edwards: Question about the procedure to follow
Mike Edwards: it can be done by a simple motion
Mike Edwards: Have people had enough time to review the current working draft.
Mike Edwards: ?
Mike Edwards: Michael Rowley asks the editors if they think the draft is ready
Mike Edwards: Ashok answers that they think it is in very reasonable state
Mike Edwards: No-one is asking for more time.
Mike Edwards: Michael Rowley moves that the version 3 woirking draft of the Policy Framework should be adopted as the 1st committee draft
Mike Edwards: seconded by Bob Freund
Mike Edwards: Accepted unanimously
Mike Edwards: Item 6 New Issues
Mike Edwards: Policy 35 - Conformance Targets
Mike Edwards: Moved by Martin Chapman, seconded by Michael Rowley
Mike Edwards: Accepted unanimously
Mike Edwards: Item 7 - Existing issues
Mike Edwards: Policy #9 - WS-I Compliance versus QoS Policy
Mike Edwards: Discussion of what the Issue really means.
Mike Edwards: Michael Rowley asks if there are any existing WS-Policy assertions that relate to WS-I compliance
Mike Edwards: - it appears that none have been standardized
Mike Edwards: Regular Basic Profile puts constraints on the WSDL and on the form of messages
Mike Edwards: Anish: Suggestion - WS-I may (sometime in the future) define WS-Policy assertions for their profiles
Mike Edwards: - in which case this TC does not have to do anything
Mike Edwards: ok, I give up
Mike Edwards: carry on
Mike Edwards: Michael R - what would you expect to find in the assertions for WS-I?
Mike Edwards: It can be done for WS-I BSP - in that there are a set of security assertions which are alsready defined elsewhere
Mike Edwards: Ashok: I think that all this is telling us that there is nothing useful that we can define in this area at the moment
Mike Edwards: and so we should close this issue
Mike Edwards: Dave B: there are other profiles other than WS-I Basic Profile, for which this might make sense
Mike Edwards: could morph this issue to address those profiles
Mike Edwards: Tom Rutt: Might be best to close what is a vague issue
Mike Edwards: Tom Rutt moves to close this issuee with no action
Mike Edwards: Michael Rowley seconds
Mike Edwards: Accepted unanimously
Mike Edwards: Policy #12 Annotations for policy intents
Mike Edwards: Ashok: Idea is to have language annotations for policy intents - for more than just one language (Java today)
Mike Edwards: Michael R - this should be up to the various language groups (eg BPEL)
Mike Edwards: Michael Edwards moves to close this issue with no action
Mike Edwards: Michael Rowley seconds
Mike Edwards: Accepted unanimously
Mike Edwards: Accepted unanimously
Mike Edwards: Policy #14 Binding hierarchies need to be considered in policyReference matching
Mike Edwards: Michael Rowley - where there is the need to match up bindings at two ends of a wire, simple binding equality seems too restrictive
Mike Edwards: - under what circumstances can this matching rules be done
Mike Edwards: - this could be done in the Policy group or possibly in Assembly
Mike Edwards: Ashok - useful if we can get a proposal here.
Mike Edwards: Michael R - sounds more like an Assembly issue
Mike Edwards: <discussion of where this should be handled>
Mike Edwards: Mike Edwards moves to close this issue and for an action to be taken to move it to the Bindings TC
Mike Edwards: Michael Rowley seconds
Mike Edwards: Accepted unanimously
Mike Edwards: the Action item is taken by the Chairs
Mike Edwards: Policy #15 External mechanism for attaching intents or policySets
Mike Edwards: Ashok - some separate file with a pointer to some SCDL element and a pointer to some PolicySet (or something like this)
Mike Edwards: eg ability to add Policy to some existing SCDL without changing it
Mike Edwards: Michael R: useful to help with separation of roles
Mike Edwards: assembler vs deployer
Mike Edwards: Michael R: the existence of some form of (XPath) pointers in the separate file(s) can get complex fast
Mike Edwards: Ashok: WS-Policy has attachment mechanisms
Mike Edwards: Status is that we need a proposal for this.
Mike Edwards: Action: Ashok to prepare a proposal - by Dec 3
Mike Edwards: Item 8 - AOB
Mike Edwards: none
Mike Edwards: Item 9 - Additions to the roll
Mike Edwards: End of the meeting.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: