sdo message

Subject: Editors

When we publish a CD, we're going to need a list of editors.

Under OSOA, we listed pretty much everyone in the TC as an author.  If we carried this policy further, we should list at least all of us who normally show up for the TC meetings.

My impression is that this would be rather unusual for OASIS, where the editors are the individuals who maintain the document, including deciding on wording.  On the other hand, we will probably have wording as part of proposals, so that the job of "editor" becomes more mechanical.

Remember, editors are the only names that are listed on an OASIS spec.

Let's discuss this on Tuesday's call.  I just want to make everyone aware of the issue beforehand.

Ron