Subject: Re: sru/cql sort

 From: "LeVan,Ralph" <levan@oclc.org>
> Well, my original complaint about incorporating sort into the query
> grammar was about the additional complexity it added to the query.

As I recall, your compaint was that having sort as part of the query makes
it difficult to use a retrieval field (as opposed to an index)  as a sort
key.  A complaint that I find rather compelling.  I'm leaning towards Rob's
suggestion, be able to express sort both inside and outside the query.

--Ray

But,