Subject: RE: [search-ws] Fw: [search-ws-comment] Suggestions

"Useful" is a fuzzy concept.  More and more I've come to regret the
baggage we've loaded our work with.  We keep saying that we can hide
that complexity by deferring it to other documents and then resist
having multiple documents.  We make our product so complex that no one
wants to use it.  Compare that to OpenSearch which is so stupid that it
is busted and yet is widely adopted and leaves pretty much everything to
extensions.

I think there is a lesson to be learned there.  Unless we think everyone
is going to want to use this feature, then let's leave it out.

Given that attitude, my first candidate for removal would be result
sets.  Not used by anyone.  (Yes, my server creates and manages result
sets.  Not a single one of the clients that I've written use them.)  But
so many implementors, on reading our documentation, think they have to
implement result sets.

Ralph

TC"

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/search-ws-comment/