Subject: RE: Embarrassing episode with conference call

Wow!!!! I was not aware of this. I sure apologize, although I'm not sure for
what. Just thinking that Netegrity would do anything to preclude
participants from participating in an open standards group discussion is
insulting enough. To remove any doubt, maybe somebody else should organize
those calls. I've done that (using my company's money) to help the TC
community, certainly not to bar members from being included. I will call the
conference organization which handled that call and let you all know what
really happened.
Marc Chanliau

-----Original Message-----
From: Eve L. Maler [mailto:eve.maler@east.sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 10:52 PM
To: mchanliau@netegrity.com
Cc: elm@east.sun.com
Subject: Embarrassing episode with conference call

Hi Marc-- I'm not sure if you joined the call on Tuesday in time to hear
the problem we had with the conference company.  They were holding back
from letting Securant and Entrust join the call because they had
instructions not to let them on!  I suggest you get them to remove that
from their records, and also send an apology to at least Darren (who we
know was held back for about 15 minutes) and possibly the others -- maybe
even the whole list.  Or if this was some aberration and the conference
company never should have had this instruction, an explanation of this
would be great.  I don't want there to be any lingering doubt that
Netegrity is fully supporting this open standards effort, which would look
bad for you and hurt the group's work...

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com