Subject: XSLT conformance language regarding "foreign matter"

On Tuesday I talked briefly about how the XSLT spec handles the situation
where foreign-namespaced material might negatively affect
interoperability.  I promised to send more information to the list.  Here
is a link to the section in XSLT that I was thinking of:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#extension-element

The most relevant part is probably this sentence:

"An XSLT processor must not signal an error merely because a template
contains an extension element for which no implementation is available."

This sort of language wouldn't cover the case of *changing* the existing
SAML semantics, but it would cover the situation of unauthorized Conditions
(mustUnderstand semantics).

	Eve