Subject: [security-services] Acknowledgement lists...

Hello Eve,

What criteria are being used to decide which contributor names appear on the
front page of core (and the other docs)?  I couldn't remember a decision on
this and a quick scan of the minutes didn't help - did we just agree to
leave it up to the editors?

I think I was busy with another issue when this was discussed so I wasn't
paying close attention. I previously missed Jeff's response (9-Apr) to your
mail re: handling acknowledgements. I don't recall the specifics being
discussed on the call, so I was caught by surprise when I saw the final
result in core.  I liked the format used in core-32, although Jeff's
suggestion is fine with me also.  I am just curious about the selection
process.

Both the front list and the TC list in the back describe "contributors" or
people who made "contributions" so this seems ambiguous.  Are the front page
contributors those that contributed text or provided key concepts and ideas?
One could argue that most of the TC members were "contributors", although
not all were "authors".  I just wondered where the line was drawn.  The
mechanism used in XML-DSig referenced by Jeff doesn't have the same
ambiguity.

I also noticed that Bob Griffin isn't listed in the TC, so he's not listed
in any doc except conformance.  Steve did he really drop off of voting
status?

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security