Subject: Re: [security-services] Liberty IPR Issues (was: Liberty ID-FF 1.2 submissionto the SSTC)

 > OASIS is by TC so an individual TC can be much stronger than OASIS'
 > default IPR policies and that of Liberty. I think that there are
 > valid issues  that we should not ignore here before we make a
 > choice of technology to accept or reject.

An OASIS TC does not have the option of altering the OASIS IPR Policy.
The TC Comitted Process normative document ("official rules") state that

    Contributions to the TC, and work created by the TC, must
    comply with the OASIS IPR Policy.

There is no room for modification or change to that policy at the TC
level.  If you want to make changes surrounding IPR, you need to address
that at the OASIS board level and not the TC level.

Conor