Subject: Issues CORE-16 and CORE-17 and matching protocols/profiles

Since I've now had the opportunity to discuss the following issues with
the engineers back home, I would like to get their input on the table.

Issue CORE-16 has to do with element renaming.  We have a strong
preference to call the ID attributes simply "ID" (rather than
AssertionID etc.); this seemed to be the sentiment at the F2F too.  From
an engineering perspective we had no strong preference on the renaming
of other elements and attributes.  Since so much else is changing in
SAML V2.0, it was felt that naming changes were relatively incidental.

Issue CORE-17 has to do with having a bag of condition-related elements
inside Conditions.  (I had submitted this one.)  The preference of our
engineers is to allow the order of elements to remain free; that is,
they don'tn want the content model to be changed to dictate a particular
sequence.  So I suspect I'm going to lose on this. :-)  However, we
still need to make sure that each element documents the correct behavior
when multiples are present (disallowed by prose, interpret in a certain
way, or whatever).

Finally, on the general matter of having protocols and corresponding
profiles: We advocate that there be a (trivial, if necessary) profile
that mentions each protocol somehow.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com