Subject: RE: [security-services] What's more important for the June F2F: Location or network access?

For myself, I'd be OK with either type of venue but with some preference for
a downtown site and also an inclination to support Irving's preferences
given that he's undertaking the tasks of hosting the meeting.  Either way,
though, I'd like to see closure and obtain some suggestions so as to be able
to make an appropriate hotel reservation.  How and when can this happen?

--jl

-----Original Message-----
From: Reid, Irving [mailto:irving.reid@hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:12 PM
To: Charles Knouse; security-services@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [security-services] What's more important for the June F2F:
Location or network access?

> From: Charles Knouse [mailto:cknouse@oblix.com]
>
> Hey, I've been to the Spectrum Way office and its not THAT
> bad :).

I am rather biased about that whole downtown vs. suburb thing...

I'd have to do some research into where to hold a group supper near Spectrum
Way, though I'd also be happy to lead an expedition downtown.

> But I would prefer downtown Toronto. Is there a
> significant difference in hotel prices between downtown and
> Mississauga?
>
> -- Charles

Based on a quick search, it looks like downtown averages around C$50 (US$37
or so) a night more expensive.

 - irving -

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security-services/members/leave