Subject: RE: [security-services] Additional suggestions for naming changes

I vote no on "Conf" because I don't think it is not obvious what that is
an abbreviation for.

Agree with yes/no list below and have no problem with "Attr" and
"Qualifier" (no strong feeling either way).

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Eve L. Maler [mailto:Eve.Maler@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:02 AM
To: oasis sstc (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [security-services] Additional suggestions for naming
changes

Okay, here's my (biased?) assessment what I've heard so far.

Reference -> Ref             yes
Condition -> (null)          yes
Confirmation -> Conf         maybe
Attribute -> Attr            maybe
NameQualifier -> Qualifier   maybe
Assertion -> Assn            no?
Service -> Svc               no
Qualifier -> Qual            no
Statement -> Stmt            no
Reauthenticate -> Reauthn    no

If people can weigh in so that we get a clearer idea of the leanings, it
sounds like Scott can implement, in proposed form, the ones with the
most support.

To continue my weigh-in here, I don't think NameQualifier -> Qualifier
is a good idea because the parent element is not Name, but rather
BaseID.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com