Subject: Re: [security-services] Question about IPR on the final SAML V2 specs

Yes, others have been asking for this for months, it always seems to go unanswered. Its going to be hard to vote w/o a full IPR disclosure and posible licence terms.

Inactive hide details for NISHIMURA Toshihiro <nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com>NISHIMURA Toshihiro <nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com>

          NISHIMURA Toshihiro <nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com>

          11/30/2004 12:04 AM

security-services@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[security-services] Question about IPR on the final SAML V2 specs

Hello,

I think some part of the submitted Liberty specs are incorporated to
SAML V2 specs.

Though there is an IPR statement on the submitted Liberty specs
(
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/ipr.php), it only
mentions about patent licenses which are required to implement the
final "Liberty Alliance" specifications.
5 companies have disclosed their patents and license terms on Liberty
web page and some of the license terms are non-RF.
(
http://www.projectliberty.org/about/ipr.php)

Do we need these patents (and licenses) to implement the final "SAML
V2" specs? (And what are their license terms?)
I hope such information will be available on TC IPR page before the
final OASIS Standard ballot.

Best Regards,

Toshi
---
NISHIMURA Toshihiro (FAMILY Given)
nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com
STRATEGY AND TECHNOLOGY DIV., SOFTWARE GROUP, FUJITSU LIMITED

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security-services/members/leave_workgroup.php.

GIF image