Subject: Minutes for 7/17/2007 concall

Minutes taken by Jeff Bohren

Attendance of Voting Members

  Steve Anderson BMC Software

  Abbie Barbir Nortel

  Jeff Bohren BMC Software

  Brian Campbell Ping Identity

  Carolina Canales-Valenzuela Ericsson

  Scott Cantor Internet2

  Peter Davis NeuStar

  George Fletcher AOL

  Frederick Hirsch Nokia

  Ari Kermaier Oracle

  Hal Lockhart BEA Systems, Inc

  Eve Maler Sun Microsystems

  Rob Philpott EMC Corporation

  Anil Saldhana Red Hat

  Tom Scavo National Center for Supercomputing Applications

  David Staggs Veteran's Health Admin

  Eric Tiffany IEEE Industry Standards

Attendance of Non-Voting Members

  Lakshmi Thiyagarajan Hewlett-Packard Company

Membership Status Updates

  Emily Xu Sun Microsystems - Requested LOA for all of July 2007

  Lakshmi Thiyagarajan Hewlett-Packard Company - Granted membership 6/20/2007

  Greg Whitehead Hewlett-Packard Company - Left OASIS-member company (HP) 6/29/2007

Met Quorum

Fredrick Hirsch will do minutes next meeting minutes.

1. Approve minutes from June 19

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200707/msg00006.h

tml

BC: Approved.

2. Administrative

2.1 XHTML -> XHTML or HTML and Conformance Clauses http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200707/msg00007.html

BC: OASIS has approved either HTML or XHTML for TC standard documents. Rehashed the need for performance clauses for specs issued after June 1.

3. Document Status

3.0 Eight wiki pages added to track status and milestones for documents

3.1 Docs on their way to OS

3.1.1 Metadata Profile for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language

(SAML) V1.x

Need to produce CS version prior to submission for OASIS Standard

(AI#298)

3.1.2 Metadata Extension for SAML V2.0 and V1.x Query Requesters

Need to produce CS version prior to submission for OASIS Standard

(AI#299)

BC: Do we want to treat as one document or two:

HL: we have a choice to produce both documents as one standard or two. Current default is two. We would need two ballots and two entries on the public page. If we want them treated as one standard we need to invent a name that combines both.

Rob: prefers combined into one.

BC: these two are geared at two different use cases. That would be the drawback to combining. That must be balanced with the problem of two specs.

ScottC: what do we do later if we combine these. How do we maintain these on an ongoing basis.

HL: If we combine them then when we modify one we have to approve the other.

ScottC: it may make more sense to keep them separate. These drafts have been around and use the old doc template.

HL: we should go ahead and apply the new template. Hal to contact Mary to ask about this. We are trying to get a package for the Aug 15th voting deadline.

AI - HL to contact Mary about document template.

BC: Consensus is to treat as two specs.

3.2 SAML V2.0 Errata

Submitted on 7/14 to OASIS for 15 day public review which should start

soon

BC: Mary sent notice about this yesterday. Still trying to get the following document into  public review.

Rob: The TC homepage doesn't have a pointer to the errata document.

HL: the required conformance clause requires the RFC 2119 lang. Requires a separate section for one or more conformance options. Believes that there can be zero for non-normative documents. Should address how to normatively follow the spec. The SAML 2.0 Conformance language can serve as a model.

AI - HL to find language around the conformance statement.

BC: can non-normative documents have a null conformance clause.

HL: believe that is true.

AI - BC to ask Mary about the conformance clause.

HL: it may be that non-normative docs have to stop at CS.

BC: trying to summarize the status of these docs on the Wiki.

3.3 Docs pending public review

2.3.1 Documents needing conformance clauses

*SAML V2.0 Attribute Sharing Profile for X.509 Authentication-Based

Systems

*SAML V2.0 Deployment Profiles for X.509 Subjects

*Identity Provider Discovery Service Protocol and Profile

*SAMLv2.0 HTTP POST "SimpleSign" Binding

3.3.2 Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V2.0 Technical Overview

Waiver on conformance as the doc is informational and not normative?

4 Other business

AI #298 goes to Scott Cantor.

5 Action Items

#0299: Prepare CS version of Metadata Extension for SAML V2.0 and V1.x

Query Requesters

Owner: Tom Scavo

Assigned: 2007-07-16

Due: 2007-07-25

will use the older style doc version

#0298: Prepare CS version of Metadata Profile for the OASIS Security

Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V1.x

Owner: Carolina Canales-Valenzuela

Assigned: 2007-07-16

Due: 2007-07-25

No update

#0286: Research the use of LDAP language tags

Owner: Bob Morgan

Assigned: 2007-04-11

Due: 2007-04-24

No update

#0283: Change final arrows to solid in Tech Overview diagrams

throughout.

Owner: Paul Madsen

Assigned: 2007-03-27

Due: ---

Will wait until after public review

#0282: AuthnContextDecl and AuthnContextDeclRef Confusion

Owner: Eric Tiffany

Assigned: 2007-03-27

Due: ---

Eric is looking at this, will look to close next time.

--

Steve Anderson

BMC Software