Subject: Ecosystem metaphor could be a valuable

Frank and the RA SC,

Nearly finished with the Business Integration Journal article on the SOA-RM
and so I'm about to return to working on the RA.  The first thing I promised
to do during our face-to-face was provide some updates to the Intro section
in the areas of reference architecture and ecosystem.  I just wanted to
mention that I'm beginning to like the ecosystem metaphor more and more; not
so much from the perspective of architecture or architecting but rather as a
metaphor for SOA and service participants in a SOA "ecosystem."  There are
certainly some scholarly articles out there that describe the evolution of
business from vertical silos to horizontal, process-oriented enterprises to
modern day business ecosystems.  I don't want to abandon the idea just yet
and it may serve well as a view on the reference architecture.

Bye for now...

 - Jeff