Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] revised service description

see inline

On Oct 26, 2006, at 10:48 PM, Danny Thornton wrote:

I've updated the Service Description diagram and added
it to the Wiki.

Some differences in the Wiki diagram and Ken's
diagram:

1) "Capability description" was replaced with Action
Model and Process Model.

Agree to adding Action Model and Process Model but these do not replace Capability Description.
2) Heartbeat was replaced with Presence

OK
3) Other stuff was left off of "Execution Context"

OK, but may need something to capture 3rd parties.
4) The seperate "Description" boxes were left out.

OK, but I want to see how these ideas get incorporated.
5) "Location of access" was replaced with Address.

OK
Discussion Points for the Service Description Model:

1) Should "Execution Context" appear in the Service
Description model?

Again, need to capture the relationships somewhere.
2) Need more definition for Identity & Provenance.

Yes.  Discussion item for Wednesday?
3) The three Description boxes on the lower right of
the png diagram can be explained in the text of the
wiki.

Do these appear in some view?
4) Would Formal Vocabulary apply to all parts of the
Service Description?

Hmm, disambiguating terms seems somehow special but I can't argue the relationship is exclusive to these.
Ok, that's probably enough for now.

Danny

--- Ken Laskey <klaskey@mitre.org> wrote:

per today's discussion

original ppt file available on request

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

smime.p7s