Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Updated Visual Model for Service Description

The only sense in which we (as a committee) should be concerned about
federation is via any issues it may throw up for sharing information
and other resources across ownership boundaries.

I think that you would not normally expect to see a single service
'spread' across an ownership boundary: at the worst you would have two
cooperating services; each owned by the different owners.

As far as information is concerned, we could look at concepts such as
'authoritative' vs non-authoritative information; in support of
federation.

However, I would argue, that unless federation does throw up
fundamental issues we should not deal with it directly. However, we
should address any f.i.'s it does throw up if it affects the RA.

Clear as mud no doubt
Frank