Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] quick poll on identifier and description

Frank,

There may not be a single identifier (argh! for figuring out when two references point to the same thing) but a known identifier should resolve uniquely.  I don't think having identifier in Description and Identifier in Resource makes sense unless we somehow justify how the two are different.

Now, when is there a limit in Description being a Resource?  Well, obviously somewhere along the way you have a Description, which although considered a Resource, does not have a description of itself.  How does this show up in the UML?  It appears an override of the parent class, and I believe that is possible but don't remember how.  Otherwise, Description sure looks and feels like a Resource.

Ken