Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Process Question

Actually, Jeff,

from
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.php#committeeDraft

The TC may conduct any number of review cycles (i.e. approval to send a
Committee Draft to Public Review, collecting comments, making edits to
the specification, etc.). The first public review of a specification
must take place for a minimum of 60 days, and any subsequent reviews
must be held for a minimum of 15 days. Changes made to a specification
after a review must be clearly identified in any subsequent review, and
the subsequent review shall be limited in scope to changes made in the
previous review. _Before starting another review cycle the specification
must be re-approved as a Committee Draft and then approved to go to
public review by the TC._

I underlined the part I think applies.

I believe this means that we can go back to Committee Draft status and
start another 60-Day Review until we are satisfied that we want to
restrict ourselves to "subsequent" reviews of a Draft. A new cycle such
as we held for PR2 doesn't, in my interpretation, require us to restrict
ourselves or the public to the changes from the previous PR draft. We
only do that when we want to submit a "changes only" draft with the
changes called out so that comments on the changes can be made. This is
the typical minimum 15-Day PR, though we could choose a longer period of
time for the PR.

We can ask Mary about this. That's why I said "my interpretation" and "I
believe." Been wrong once or twice too often. ;-)

--
Rex Brooks
President, CEO