Subject: RE: [soa-rm] David Linthicum Says: "ESB versus Fabric.Stop It!"

Which brings us back to what I believe is the single most important
question for us to answer: Does one service constitute a SOA? Or are 2
or more services required?

If 2 or more services are required, then it seems to me that in order to
call something a *SOA* reference model, the notion of multiple services
must be incorporated - as that is the minimal amount of information
necessary to *effectively* represent/model the "targeted entity" (which
is SOA) for the intended audience.

If one service constitutes a SOA, this implies that a SOA may have more
than one service. It then seems to me that one has a choice for their
RM: include only a single service in the model, or include multiple
services. The question then becomes which approach enables the most
effective representation for the intended audience.

So as you see, I believe everything flows from this single most
important question.