Subject: Amazon.com and Hurricane Catrina - Service Context? Service "Veneer"?

One thing that I discovered regarding the horrible catastrophe in the Southern US is that Amazon.com enabled people to use its online ordering service to make a donation. One could use the credit card information that Amazon.com already had online to make a donation in what it called "1-Click Donation" (or something similar).
So instead of placing an order for a book, CD, etc., your "order" was your donation, and you could view your "order" online, which (as I recall) would show the amount that you donated.

Something that came to my mind is: What would this placing of a "new face" on a existing service be called? Is it a different context for the ordering service? (i.e. in the context of Hurrican Katrina) Is it a "veneer" that was placed on top of the existing service? None of the above?

O: 703-902-6923
C: 202-251-0731