stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] stdsreg committee introductions

My name is Sally Fuger and I am Program Manager for Electronic Commerce and
EDI with AIAG, the Automotive Industry Action Group. We drive and support
the development and implementation of common, leading edge solutions that
provide value to the automotive industry and its customers. Offering
training, standards, guidelines, implementation guidelines and white papers
related to the consensus solutions developed by AIAG’s member teams is a
major part of our support for industry-wide implementation of those
solutions.  I am interested in the development of a common approach to a
standards registry in hopes that it will help us and other organizations to
shorten the time required to develop solutions for our industry.

AIAG's primary products and services include:

*	Standards, guidelines and reports
*	Training programs(including certification programs) and workshops
*	Information dissemination through website and other external means,
other than reports
*	Other miscellaneous products as defined by volunteer teams

AIAG's primary customers include:

*	AIAG member organizations
*	AIAG volunteer work teams
*	The general automotive community