tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Post-conditions?

On 24/09/2007, stephen.green@systml.co.uk <stephen.green@systml.co.uk> wrote:
> Reality/sanity check:
>
> Are post-conditions actually different enough in a TA from a 'Test Effect'
> to warrant their inclusion in the TA Model?

You'd need some definitions to clarify.
Using my interpretations:
Test effect I believe you are using as what I'd call the test outcome,
which can be pass or fail.

Post condition is some aspect of the UUT, usually state, that may impact
other tests, hence needs to be recorded. A clearer definition is some state
different from the neutral state in which the UUT commenced testing.

> The logic that the post-condition has to be true or the test is inconclusive
> seems now, in hindsight, a bit weak: if the post-condition
>                                 has to be true then
> why isn't it a part of the test and therefore part of the Test Effect?

Which I hope my definitions clarify. Yes, this contradiction helps
clarify that.

> Personally I'd be happy with their removal since we have Test Effect

In which case define them and justify their removal.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.