tag message

Subject: TA Model still weak on tests of structure?

We have strength in the TA Model when it comes to behaviours.
Are we not a little weak when it comes to structure?
True, we have something for describing the 'Item Under Test'
but what if something about the item's structure is being
tested? For example, what if the IUT is a serial number or a
universally unique identifier or the like and the test is that
it's format conforms to a particular pattern?

In my comparison with the UML and also the predicative pattern
of the TA Model, as distinct from the Event-Behaviour pattern,
I found that there is a need to equally support both structures
and behaviours. In UML structures come under 'Foundations' and
dynamic aspects under 'Behaviours'. I propose we add something
for a structural aspect to be tested. It could be anything from
schema to class, property to datatype. I propose it sit
between Pre-condition and Trigger (it might need to have a
pre-condition but if it had a trigger that would probably make
it an Effect instead). No idea what to call it.

--
Stephen Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk