tag message

Subject: Test Assertions Guideline Prior Art update?

(sent to list by request of Jacques)

Hi, I think I had an action item with Jacques to update Appendix C (Prior Art) section of Test Assertion Guidelines Document.

I found a few additional references following which I didn’t notice in Appendix C (except for maybe Unisoft one in different form?)   Are any of these worthy of inclusion?  Do we even have a quality metric for the prior art appendix, or should we have a disclaimer at the beginning of this appendix stating that these are for informational purposes only-no endorsement implied?)?

Thanks and best wishes

Tim Boland NIST

Unit Test Assertions (blog?):

http://karldmoore.blogspot.com/2007/11/unit-test-assertions-they-shouldnt-be.html

SCM Test Assertions:

http://www.genunix2.org/wiki/index.php/SCM_Test_Assertions

Unfinished Test Assertion at XUnitPatterns.com:

http://xunitpatterns.com/Unfinished%20Test%20Assertion.html

Unisoft About Test Assertions (already in Appendix C in modified form?):

http://www.unisoft.com/test_assertions.html

Test Assertions at OpenSolaris.Org:

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/zfs-crypto/phase1/testassert/

Google Test Primer (contains section on assertions):

http://code.google.com/p/googletest/wiki/GoogleTestPrimer

Generic Assertions for Manual Testing, RC3:

http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yspecs/kbd/kafs-gta-rc3.html