tag message

Subject: Minutes of 1/5 meeting

See the agenda items...
For review.
-jacques
Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC meeting

Event Description:
------------------

Tuesday 2pm (California time), 5 January 2010

Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806
Passcode: 9589308

Agenda:
-------

1. Review latest Guidelines (see Stephen email 12/17)
- TA Guidelines (1.0.9.2):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35635/testassertionsguidelines-draft-1-0-9-2.pdf

2. Administration:
- minutes Dec 8 (to come)
- roadmap of 3 deliverables

3. Review latest TA Model:
- TA Model (0.9.0.2)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35631/testassertionsmodel-draft-0-9-0-2.pdf

4. Review latest TA Markup, and some examples:
- TA Markup Lge (1.0.0.3):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35633/testassertionmarkuplanguage-draft-1-0-0-3.pdf

Participants:
------------

Stephen Green, (Document Engineering Services)

Jacques Durand, (Fujitsu)

Dennis Hamilton (individual)

Tim Boland (NIST)

Excused:

Paul Rank (Sun)

Kevin Looney  (Sun Microsystems)

Action Items:
-------------

AI1-Dec08: [Dennis] check availability of JIRA (official OASIS debug tracking).

AI2-Dec08: [jacques] check with Sun if Dimitri still available for helping
on tech writing/review.

AI3-Dec08: [Stephen] what do we need to do for referring to other TAs in Prerequisites,
in the mark-up / model ?

AI1-Jan05: [Stephen}: Guidelines edit: move the "terminology-map" table from Section 5
up at the end of 3.1, add a column so that it shows:
 (a) informal terms, (b) examples notation, (c) formal model terms.
Also remove Section 5. Remove Figures refs in 6.1.

AI2-Jan05: [Stephen}: TA Model doc: to update as discussed in minutes.

AI3-Jan05: [Stephen}: TA Markup doc: to update as discussed in minutes.

Minutes:
-------

'''1. Review latest Guidelines'''
- TA Guidelines (1.0.9.2):

- JD: "informational docs": same template as for specs. No official status yet.
So we keep doing as in current draft.
- SG: The model may become standard and not the mark-up, though.
- JD: We agree to move the "terminology-map" table up at the end
of 3.1, add a column so that it shows:
 (a) informal terms, (b) examples notation, (c) formal model terms.
Also remove Section 5. Remove Figures refs in 6.1.

'''2. Administration:'''

- minutes Dec 08: approved
- Roadmap: next meeting (Jan 18) we should have stable candidates. After last checks
and edits, we put them to CD + PR electronic ballot starting the week after. Shooting
for PR-ready docs (in a single PR package) approved by end of Jan.
- JD: reminded of the rationale of having 3 deliverables: logically driven by the
need to extract a formal TA model from guidelines yet distinct from mark-up, that
the mark-up can refer to.
Our mark-up may not be agreable to everyone, so we still make it possible to
conform to the TA model with a different mark-up... (if defined separately).

'''3. Review latest TA Model:'''
- TA Model (0.9.0.2):

- JD: If these diagrams are UML diags, we should say so. Even if they are some
derived notation from UML we should say so, so that readers can get to their
semantical source and understand. For example, there is in the diags mention of
"package" (e.g. Shared package). But nowhere explained.
- We discuss the need for "class: (blablabla)" in the formal notation.
Agree to remove "class:" as it is unnecessary, and ":" misleading.
- DH: nervous about removing "class". Or in 3.2 we must make it clear that these
definitions are of classes, have class semantics.
- SG: Conf Clause also needs update. Especially item #2 in it.
Conformance target is a representation, which should handle all
optional model elements as well.

'''4. Review latest TA Markup, and some examples:'''
- TA Markup Lge (1.0.0.3):

- Conf Clause to be updated as well.
- SG: Extensibility points? They present a QName issue.
- JD: so we have an inline schema. Should we also have an external ref?
- DH: OK to have two schema refs: (1) inline in doc, (2) external ref for a
machine-usable schema. The external one is the autoritative one in case of conflict.
Conformance target is a markup instance, which should conform to schema but also
use expected model semantics.