tamie message

Subject: Re: [tamie] New "design" section in wiki

Of course it would be outside of the charter to deliberately
seek to provide for use cases other than testing and monitoring.
I just find it interesting that ETSM might be very useful in other
areas too since it provides the possibility of a general way to
make it easy to write scripts which act on XML using XSLT.
Those for whom XSLT is a challenge (due to its recursive nature)
may find it easier to use ETSM to achieve the same ends. I
accept that this is beyond the charter though. I just thought that
if we do not use the words 'test' and 'monitor' in the ETSM
language then other efforts to profile it for more general use would
not be ruled out.

I can appreciate the need to focus the terminology on testing
and monitoring though, to ensure the charter and use cases are
properly covered.

Best regards

Steve