tgf message

Subject: TGF Primer - Working Draft 02

Hi:

As promised and announced by John yesterday, the new working draft 02 of the TGF Primer has been published to the TC document repository:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tgf/download.php/41416/TGF-Primer-v1.0-wd02.pdf

I would like to thank all the TC members for their contributions and cooperation in making this happen so efficiently.

I will be submitting to the TC in the next couple of days a further short note with the editors’ proposals as regards the way forward and the next steps.

This ‘Working Draft 02’ includes edits resulting from 27 issues raised by TC members and resolved by the editors and several informal editorial review meetings since the first draft was published on 25 February. Most substantive edits are accompanied by sidebar comments, indicating the corresponding Issue Number from the Issues List

The editors are asking that this draft be approved at the TC meeting next Thursday as a ‘Committee Note Draft’ in accordance with Article 3.1 of the OASIS Technical Committee process. As John has indicated, this requires a full majority vote of the committee.

Any comments directed at further edits before the meeting should be submitted to the list, using the procedure for a ‘New Issue’ as indicated in the review cycle for the Working Draft 01 (see my e-mail of 25 Feb – the relevant section is copied at the end of this mail). Please use only this new PDF draft and the line numbers therein for any comments. A new comments/issue list will be started as appropriate. For information, the current state of the Issues List can be seen also in the document repository:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tgf/download.php/41417/Issues%20List%20-%2010-03-2011.xls

The editors are also asking for a formal decision to accept the disposal of comments that are marked as closed in that document; deal with new issues, if they arise, at or before the meeting, when possible; and carry forward the other issues to the next stage of the process.

Any requests for further minor edits can be worked into the draft before and during the meeting next week, as necessary. If there are any requests for more substantial editing, we will need to consider our options at the meeting.

Best regards and happy reading!

Peter & Chris

Reminder: Submission of new comments

Comments should only be made against the PDF version of a formal draft even when other formats are available: line numbers may change in any .doc or .odf version of a text (because of layout/formatting differences – hence, the use of the PDF version only) and will change from one draft to the next.

To make a comment, send a new e-mail message to the TGF list, with the subject line: “New Issue – ” followed by a short issue title.

In the body of the message indicate:

Either that your issue is a general comment; or

the first line number in the PDF text that the issue is concerned with,

then give a succinct paragraph explaining your issue, and indicate (optionally) what you suggest changing or doing differently.

As with the first review cycle, we will either dispose of the issue immediately (for minor edits) and acknowledge the originator, or attribute an issue number, indicated in the revised subject line in a reply to the list and declaring the issue open for further comment – please try to reply to the numbered issues and not the original mail – this makes issue tracking very, very, much easier for everybody!

Peter F Brown

Independent Consultant

Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies

Web           www.peterfbrown.com

Blog            pensivepeter.wordpress.com

LinkedIn     www.linkedin.com/in/pensivepeter

Twitter       @pensivepeter

P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

Tel: +1.310.694.2278