[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [tgf] TGF Pattern Language Draft is available
Thanks for all your work on this. I’ve now had a go at patterns for 5, 8, 14, and 15 – the four gaps on which you asked for volunteers. The results are in the attached document (although you’ll see that on 15, I’ve suggested re-cutting this with the other channels material you had done on pattern 16, and making a total of 2 not 3 patterns on channels.)
As agreed, we’ll wait to combine this material into the overall document until after tomorrow’s call so we don’t get into versioning problems. But I thought it would be sensible to circulate the extra material ahead of the call so people can have a look.
Managing Partner, CS Transform Ltd, +44 7951 754 060
I have just loaded the first, complete draft of the TGF Pattern Language proposed standard to the KAVI document management system at OASIS. An earlier attempt to load was cancelled because of a major formatting error that was messing the document up. The correct version is:
After talking with Colin, John, Chris and Andy, I have put forward an initial, very conservative lis of patterns which maps closely to the initial conformance criteria that we identified during elaboration of the Primer document. The only new concept ‘promoted’ to a distinct pattern is ‘Supplier Partnership’ that was not covered in the Primer as a conformance requirement.
This document is in three parts:
- Introduction with explanation of pattern languages and a worked (theoretical) example – we should replace this with an actual pattern from the final agreed set, to avoid confusion
- The 19 patterns that constitute the core language – several of them are completely written; some partially; others just a placeholder
- The conformance criteria – I have taken the language we used in the Primer and adapted it to refer to each pattern as necessary
For the TC meeting on Thursday, we need to:
- Agree in principle if we go ahead with a pattern language to create our TGF standard;
- Agree to create a ‘Committee Specification Draft’ from this working draft, that will start the formal process towards a standard;
- Agree who will complete the remaining text for the outstanding patterns, notably:
o 4 Common Terminology
o 5 Policy Management
o 8 Franchise Marketplace
o 14 Citizen Identity Management
o 15 Channel Mapping and Delivery, and
o 17 Resources Management
I’m happy to take 4 and 17 – please look through: we’ll be looking for volunteers on Thursday or let me know via the list if you can take on one or more.
I hope this helps!
Peter F Brown
Transforming our Relationships with Information Technologies
P.O. Box 49719, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA