We held a meeting of the TC two days ago. Unfortunately, it wasn’t quorate but we did have a good discussion on the ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC40 Plenary Meeting in China and possible next items of work for the TC.
This is all documented in the notes (Thanks to Peter for editing my initial draft):-
The note also mentions the proposed date for the next meeting (23rd June at 15:30 EST/ 05:30 AEST 20:30 BST). I would really appreciate an indication of whether you are likely
to be able to attend on this occasion.
Here is the approved JTC1/SC40 report on the TGF/38500 mapping study group as well as a short slide deck used by Geoff in presenting the report.
In its closing plenary, Resolution #119 of SC40 reads:
“WG 1 Study Group on Mapping of ISO/IEC 38500 and OASIS TGF – Implications for future work
JTC 1/SC 40 notes the following recommendations provided in the final report:
1. Make the report publicly available under the Public information folder
2. That pattern language structure should be considered in future standards work
3. Request the CAG [Chair’s Advisory Group – the SC’s “management team”] consider the following:
- examining new domains (for example government, health, financial services, etc.) for the governance of IT work
- re-examining the six principles of ISO/IEC 38500 in light of the above work
- the application of Governance of IT to organisational change (including benefits realization)
JTC1/SC40 notes that as the work of the SG is complete, it is now closed.
[Plenary Approval: ] Unanimous”
Lovelace Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8SN
Tel: +44 (0) 843 354 5637 Internal: 7444 5637
Mob : +44 (0) 7867 833147 Internal: 7383 3147