Subject: [tm-pubsubj] Re: Country.xtm PSI; also proposed region.xtm PSI

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> Here's what I think: we should make a TC for country, language, and
> region published subjects. The TC should follow the guidelines laid
> down by the tm-pubsubj TC and function as a test-case for those
> guidelines, while at the same time updating and extending the country
> and language PS sets in XTM 1.0.
>
> I have most of the charter for this TC written already, so unless
> there are complaints I will finish that charter and send it out for
> comments.
>
> Once that is done we can look at Mary's, Murray's, and my work on
> this, and make a document that explains exactly what it is we intend
> to produce (to ourselves and others). Once that's done we can produce
> it, which I guess mainly involves staring with Murray's stuff as it is
> now and tweaking it to conform to the tm-pubsubj TC guidelines.
>
> Opinions?

I can't remember the exact discussion that resulted in the creation of
the PubSubj TC, but it strikes me as additional bureaucratic tangle to
create yet one more TC to deal with essentially an update of existing
XTM topic maps, when it's likely that the authors/editors of those
topic maps are already present in this TC. I would suggest we revisit
creation of a new TC and look at whether or not it's within the current
charter to perhaps tackle this. Creation of a new TC would seem to only
provide additional delays in getting work on the updates on the table.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:murray.altheim&#x40;sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Java and XML Software
Sun Microsystems, Inc., MS MPK17-102, 1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025

            Corporations do not have human rights, despite the
          altogether too-human opinions of the US Supreme Court.